The festival kicks off on Friday, September 15 with the Opening Night Celebration of the Juried Art Show and Sale at the Alton Mill 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Please join them for appetizers, enjoy the music and see the jurors’ choices of 2 and 3-dimensional works from artists across Ontario.
The Juried Art Show and Sale runs September 15 – October 1.
Headwaters Arts welcomes Larry Kurtz and the Lawbreakers to the festival.
The Big Blues Party is a fundraiser for Headwaters Arts at the Alton Mill Arts Centre’s Millrace Room. Friday, September 29 at 8 p.m.
Our Monday Night at the Movies screening of “Cezanne et Moi” is on October 2 at the Galaxy Cinemas, Orangeville. Doors open at 6 p.m. Film begins at 7 p.m.
Please join them as we celebrate arts and culture in the Headwaters Region. Tickets are available for purchase on our website , in the Headwaters Gallery and at Booklore in Orangeville.
Mayor’s Business Awards to be presented at Small Business Summit http://www.caledon.ca/en/townhall/mayor-s-awards.asp
MAYOR’S GREEN BUSINESS AWARD
Recognize a Caledon small business leaders’ contribution to protecting the environment.
MAYOR’S BUSINESS AMBASSADOR AWARD
Recognize a Caledon business that advances Caledon as a place to do business.
MAYOR’S LEADERSHIP AWARD
Recognize and celebrate innovation, inspiring leadership and significant contributions to the economic development of Caledon.
Summit page: http://thesmallbusinesssummit.ca/sbs/
Find out how to participate in your first cycling tour!
Prep Rally for Tour de Headwaters
Friday, September 15th – 5:30 to 7:00pm
If you are thinking about taking part in your first cycling tour, or want to participate in the 2017 edition of the Tour de Headwaters, but aren’t sure where to start, you are invited to participate in our free cycling prep rally! Bring your friends and family and learn about what’s required to participate in a cycling tour.
World-class cycling experts from Caledon Hills Cycling will lead participants:
- Bike Check – ensuring the bike is in good working order
- Necessary equipment – reflectors, lights, helmet
- Riding etiquette – right of ways, signals (both on the rail trail and on the road)
- Nutrition – How to fuel for days on the bike
- Clothing Options – for different riding conditions
- Basic Handling – braking, turning
- Advanced Maneuvers – passing other cyclists, runners
- Storing your bike – clean, lube, store
The session will conclude with a short group ride on the Greenbelt Cycling Route, where participants can practice their newly acquired skills.
This event is free, but pre-registration is required and limited to 50 participants. A limited number of bikes will be available for rental.
Caledon Community Action Plan Messaging
Caledon OPP in collaboration with Mayor Allan Thompson and Council, invite you to learn more about Caledon OPP’s 2017-2019 Strategic Plan.
Topics will include:
- safe communities, a secure Ontario, and an overview of what Caledon OPP is doing in your Community.
- A presentation by the OPP will be followed by interactive Community Dialogue.
- Sept. 13th Albion Bolton Community Centre, 150 Queen Street South, Bolton 7-9 p.m.
- Sept. 18th Alton Library, 35 Station Street, Alton, ON 7-9 p.m.
- Oct. 5th Caledon Community Complex, 6215 Old Church Road, Caledon East 7-9 p.m.
- Oct. 19th Mayfield Recreation Complex, 12087 Bramalea Road, Caledon 7-9 p.m.
It’s a busy time in ward two and development continues in all corners of the neighbourhood. Below is a list of current projects and locations that are underway in Southfields Village. I have met with many of the builders and architects’ for these projects and continue to keep open lines of communication in order to mitigate the impacts of construction on residents and our everyday lives.
- Habitat build update – looking for volunteers
Habitat for Humanity GTA mobilizes community volunteers like you to help working, low-income families, who are in need of safe, decent, affordable housing, build a brighter future through affordable homeownership. If you have any questions or require additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
If you would like to volunteer; It just takes a few simple clicks!
ï Click on link http://habitatgta.ca/volunteerSeniors Housing – build dates
2. Senior Housing
- March 31st, 2017 – the Site Plan Application was submitted to the Town of Caledon Planning Department. The Architect, ARK Inc., will prepare for second SPA submission as soon as all comments have been received from the Town.
- May 23rd, 2017 – Pre-qualification for the Construction Contractor was issued and will close June 13th.
- Early June, the Building Design will be 90% complete
- End of June, 2017 – will submit to the Town for a building permit
- September, 2017 – award the contract for the Construction Contractor
- Fall 2017 – Building construction will commence
- Winter 2018 – Project completion
3. South West Corner of Kennedy & Dougall – 4 story townhomes (2000sqft), with a mix of main floor commercial units(1500-1700sqft)
*No application has been submitted, this is the concept of the developer/owner of the property.
4. Strategy 4 Inc – Place of worship (Sikh Faith) –
Applications and site plan have been submitted to the Town of Caledon for this project, the timelines suggest that construction would start fall of 2017 and the build would be complete in the summer of 2018.
- Public School – The application is for a 7703 sq. m school on the west side of Kennedy Road, north of Newhouse Street. Technical review of the application is nearing completion, with only minor comments to address. The Board is working with staff to execute a grading agreement which will permit the Board to commence earthworks on the site this summer and into the fall. The Committee of Adjustment approved on July 19, 2017 an application to vary maximum building area on the lands.
- Separate School – The application is for a 5460 sq. m school at the northeast corner of Dougall Avenue and Dotchinson Street. A full set of Department and Agency comments have been provided to the Board, with the expectation of a resubmission in the next couple of weeks. It is also expected that a lot line adjustment consent application will be filed in the near future to round out the land needed for the school (sports and play fields) from the proposed development lands to the immediate north.
- Community Center
Plans are well underway for the Community Center. Planning and Construction firms have been contracted and have completion Dates for November of 2018.
Below are conceptual space plans and concept drawings of the proposed space and layout of the grounds.