Get Involved: Join a Committee
Council relies on the experience of resident volunteers to provide input on matters within the Town.
All Caledon residents are encouraged and eligible to get involved in promoting the community and providing assistance to Council on local matters.
The Town of Caledon is currently seeking one (1) community-minded resident to serve on Heritage Caledon for the remaining 2014-2018 term of Council.
What is the purpose of Heritage Caledon?
The purpose of Heritage Caledon is to provide recommendations and advice in accordance with the Ontario Heritage Act regarding matters which have a direct or indirect impact on cultural heritage resources within the Town of Caledon.
In addition to the requirements pursuant to the Ontario Heritage Act, Heritage Caledon coordinates a variety of events and participates in various community engagements in an effort to bring greater awareness to the importance of preserving heritage significance in the Town.
Am I Qualified?
Consideration is given to applicants with the following qualifications, however those who do not meet all the qualifications are also encouraged to apply:
- a resident of the Town of Caledon;
- demonstrated interest, knowledge or expertise in heritage matters within the community;
- a passion for heritage matters;
- relevant training or professional expertise in heritage related field;
- expertise in such disciplines as archeology or architecture; and
- previous experience on a committee, task force or tribunal is preferred.
Where do I submit my application?
Complete and submit the Application Form to the Legislative Services Section by:
- dropping if off to the Legislative Services Section (2nd floor of Town Hall, 6311 Old Church Road),
- mail to Town Hall, Attn: Town Clerk, 6311 Old Church Road, Caledon ON L7C 1J6,
- email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION IS Wednesday November 9, 2016.
Where can I get more information?
For further information regarding the recruitment process, contact Legislative Services at 905.584.2272 ext. 2366 or email email@example.com.