December 16, 2016
For Immediate Release
Town of Caledon – Winter Parking Ban issued
The Town of Caledon has issued a Winter Parking Ban effective 11:59 p.m. Friday, December 16, 2016.
All vehicles must be removed from roadways in order to ensure safe and timely road clearing.
Residents have 12 hours from the time the Winter Parking Ban is issued to remove their vehicles from the roadway and find alternate parking.
This Ban will remain in place until removed by the Director of Finance and Infrastructure Services.
How to I stay up-to-date on Winter Parking conditions and restrictions in the Town of Caledon.
- Follow us on Twitter (@YourCaledon) or on Facebook (YourCaledon)
- Download our app at caledon.ca/app to get alerts on your mobile device
- Subscribe to our email newsletter at caledon.ca/enews
What do I need to know about snow removal and Winter Parking Bans in Caledon?
- Following a forecast by Environment Canada for a snowfall of 7 cm. or greater, or ice coverage, the Director of Finance and Infrastructure Services may issue a Winter Parking Ban.
- When a Winter Parking Ban has been issued, vehicles may not be parked on roadways in Caledon at any time until the ban is lifted.
- Any Overnight Parking Exemptions that have been granted will be cancelled.
- Parking Enforcement Officers will work in conjunction with Road Clearing Crews ticketing/towing vehicles in violation of the Ban, in order to ensure compliance and safety of drivers and citizens. Parking Enforcement Officers will allow a 12-hour grace period from the beginning of the Winter Parking Ban before enforcement begins.
- Vehicle Owners are responsible for tickets and towing charges. Owners will be advised of towing locations by calling the Finance and Infrastructure Services department at 905.584.2272 or by visiting caledon.ca/winterparking.
- Upon completion of road clearing operations and based on weather forecast information, the Director of Finance and Infrastructure Services will lift the Winter Parking Ban.
- Visit caledon.ca/winterparking for more information