Caledon launches one-stop permitting/licensing portal for business
In partnership with ServiceOntario, Caledon joins a growing number of municipalities to launch BizPaL, a free, online portal for permits and licences.
“A key goal of this Council has been cutting red tape to help our entrepreneurs succeed,” said Mayor Allan Thompson. “With the launch of BizPaL, our Economic Development Team has made it easier to launch or expand a business in Caledon.”
BizPaL is a one-stop shop for licence and permit information from all levels of government (municipal, provincial and federal). BizPaL generates a customized list of permits and licences required depending on the business’s location, category and type of operations.
To access BizPaL go to www.caledon.ca/bizpal
BizPaL was created to help identify quickly and easily what businesses might need from relevant levels of government. The combined efforts of federal, provincial, territorial and participating municipal governments, BizPaL is free to use and available 24/7.
For more information, visit bizpal.ca.
Town of Caledon – Winter Parking Ban issued
The Town of Caledon has issued a Winter Parking Ban effective 11:59 p.m. Sunday, February 12, 2017.
All vehicles must be removed from roadways in order to ensure safe and timely road clearing.
Any vehicles on the roadway before the ban must still comply with other parking rules, including not interfering with snow clearing operations
The Winter Parking Ban will remain in place until it is lifted by the Town of Caledon.
How do I stay up-to-date on winter parking conditions and restrictions in the Town of Caledon?
- Follow us on Twitter (@YourCaledon) or on Facebook (YourCaledon).
- Download our app at caledon.ca/app to get alerts on your mobile device.
- Subscribe to our email newsletter at caledon.ca/enews
What do I need to know about snow removal and winter parking bans in Caledon?
- Following a forecast by Environment Canada for a snowfall of 7 cm or greater, or ice coverage, the Town of Caledon may issue a Winter Parking Ban.
- When a Winter Parking Ban has been issued, vehicles may not be parked on roadways in Caledon at any time until the ban is lifted.
- Any Overnight Parking Exemptions that have been granted will be cancelled.
- Parking Enforcement Officers will work in conjunction with Road Clearing Crews ticketing/towing vehicles in violation of the Ban, in order to ensure compliance and safety of drivers and citizens.
- Vehicle owners are responsible for tickets and towing charges.
- Upon completion of road clearing operations and based on weather forecast information, the Town of Caledon will lift the Winter Parking Ban.
- Visit caledon.ca/winterparking for more information
Caledon Community Services (CCS) Transportation Working Group invites you to hear the results of a recent survey and discuss the impact of a transportation pilot project investigating the viability of an expanded service model to Caledon residents age 8—59 years. Transportation program regularly provided by CCS focuses on serving residents 60+ and those with disabilities. Open discussion will follow as we plan to meet the future transportation needs in Caledon.