Watermain Replacement and Improvement
Hurontario Street and Mayfield Road Project 18-1184 & 17-1188 Advance Notice of Watermain Construction
The Region of Peel anticipates replacing the watermains in your area starting in late 2018 / 2019. Because of this, you may wish to delay any major landscaping or driveway works you may have planned until after we have finished the work.
In the meantime, you may notice the following activities in your neighbourhood:
1. We will mark the location of gas, hydro, cable, etc. on roads, driveways and lawns.
2. We may drill boreholes to determine ground conditions.
3. We may survey your street.
4. We will take pictures to help us make sure we restore the area to its former condition.
Co-ordination with other works
As we co-ordinate works with the Town of Caledon, our work may be followed by road construction, curb replacement and/or resurfacing. In this case, our restoration may only be temporary. When the Town of Caledon has finished the roadworks, they will complete a comprehensive restoration. Keeping you informed We are currently in the early planning stages, so we can’t give you exact dates when we will do the work.
Please visit peelregion.ca/pw/construction/cal/18-1184 & 17-1188 for updated information. We will deliver more detailed information to your home closer to the proposed construction date.
If you would like to speak with us about this work, please contact: Frank Pugliese, Project Manager 905-791-7800 ext. 5943 firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Keep your Community Safe from Crime
(CALEDON, ON) – Are you concerned about keeping your community safe? Would you be interested in taking an active role in crime prevention and community safety matters in your local area?
If so, members from the Caledon Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police welcome you to come out and attend an information session on the Neighbourhood Watch program. The Neighbourhood Watch program is a community led program supported by police. There, you will learn that as a resident in Caledon, you can help to:
- Improve the level of security in the community
- Enhance a sense of cooperation & responsibility between neighbours
- Reduce preventable crime & reduce residents perceptions of crime
- Encourage the reporting of crime or suspicious activity
- Strengthen police community relationships
Neighbourhood Watch information sessions:
- Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 7:00 pm at the Alton Community Centre located at 35 Station Street in Alton.
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 6:30 pm at Puddle Jumpers Prepschool located at 12570 Kennedy Road, Unit # 5 in SouthFields Village.
- Monday, December 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm at the Margaret Dunn Community Centre located at 20 Snelcrest Drive in Valleywood.
Please be advised that spacing is limited for each information session. Kindly reserve your spot by sending an email to Provincial Constable Tamara Schubert at email@example.com to advise which session you plan on attending. If you are unable to attend a meeting but would like to learn more about the Neighbourhood Watch program or to organize a Neighbourhood Watch information session for your subdivision, contact PC Tamara Schubert at (905) 584-2241 ext. 4054 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 30 –
Contact: Provincial Constable Tamara Schubert
Community Safety Officer/Media Officer
Twitter: OPP Central
Phone: (905) 584-2241 ext. 4054
November 14, 2017 Neighbourhood Watch