Human Services websites have been launched in the following service areas:
The new sites were redesigned to make it easier for Peel residents to get the services they need.
The sites have the following features:
· Plain language – the content was re-written for ease of understanding
· Meets – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act standards
- New visual design – that is aligned to the Region’s Brand and Digital Standard
· Easy Google searches
· Housing and Shelter – applying for a housing subsidy is easier for residents, with plain language that helps them understand what they need to know; we’ve also made finding emergency shelters simpler.
· Child Care Subsidy and Supports – the use of clear, simple titles and content makes it easier for residents to apply for a child care fee subsidy, determine eligibility or find child care programs and supports.
· Financial assistance and Ontario Works – residents have enhanced access to financial help, such as paying bills and funeral costs, and Ontario Works.