Nominations are now open
About the Walk of Fame
The Caledon Walk of Fame was initiated in 1999 for the purpose of honouring past and present Caledon residents who have made a significant contribution to the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally.
The Caledon Walk of Fame is situated in the Trans Canada Trail Pavilion Park on the west side of Airport Road in Caledon East. A stone is placed in honour of each recipient during a formal Walk of Fame ceremony, held annually when there is a qualifying nominee.
- The nominee must be a Canadian citizen.
- The nominee has made a significant contribution to the quality of life, not only in Caledon but has also received national and international recognition for his or her contribution in one or more of the following categories:
- Only one nominee at a time will be honoured, therefore the frequency of the event will be dependent upon the availability of nominees and will be subject to approval by the members of Council for the Town of Caledon.
- Arts and Culture – Individual achievements that have been recognized by an organization or an individual who participates by chairing, organizing, instructing or promoting non-profit arts and culture groups.
- Sports and Leisure – Individual achievements that have been recognized by an organization or has taken part as a coach, leader, referee or board member with organizations such as Guides and Scouts, minor sports groups, youth groups, or other recreational groups.
- Philanthropic and Humanitarian Causes – a person who works with local organizations such as meals on wheels, service clubs, seniors clubs, registered social service agencies, home and school associations and health care, or on a national/international level with organizations such as “Doctors without borders” and UNICEF.
- Environment – An individual who develops innovative program(s) or initiatives that address environmental issues which have local, regional and/or global effects; or who has implemented change at the local, national/international level that has had a positive effect on the environment.
- Other contributions may be considered as submitted.
- Nomination forms should be submitted to the Office of the Mayor, Town of Caledon, 6311 Old Church Road, Caledon East, ON L7C 1J6.