Heritage Caledon provides recommendations and advice to Council in accordance with the Ontario Heritage Act on matters which have a direct or indirect impact on cultural heritage resources within the Town of Caledon.
Heritage Caledon is a statutory committee established under the Heritage Act that provides advice and assistance to Council and Town Staff on matters relating to the conservation of Caledon’s cultural and built heritage.
Heritage Caledon is comprised of nine (9) residents and one (1) Councillor, who, with the assistance of Town staff act as volunteers to:
- Provide assistance and advice to Council on matters relating to designation under Part IV and Part V of the Ontario Heritage Act, R.S.O. 1990 c. O. 18.
- Promote heritage awareness, stewardship and conservation
- Establish effective partnerships with local, regional, provincial and national historical and heritage groups
- Recognize excellence in the heritage community
- Review and make recommendations on development applications which affect heritage properties
- Review and evaluate applications for the Designated Heritage Property Grant Program
Website: Heritage Caledon